Monday, June 14, 2010

Upcoming council hearings ...

Around Town with Dick Patten

The Concord City Council holds its regular monthly meeting on Monday, June 14 at 7 p.m. This is open to the public and shown live on CCTV Channel 17.

The next budget session is Thursday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m. when city councilors will be discussing the budget, possibly adding items and deleting others. This is in preparation for the final budget presentation before the vote is taken on Monday June 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The public will be able to speak to the council and request funds be added to projects or deleted for this year. The Council will vote on the proposed budget following the input from the public. What would you like to see the council add or delete? I can think of some things.

I do want to apologize to my voters in Ward 8 because I won't be there on June 21. My wife ordered tickets for us to fly to Denver Colorado for a meeting she has for two days and then we are going to Las Vegas for three days. I had no choice, if I don't go, I pay extra to change and my wife wanted to surprise me, she didn't realize I had a meeting. So please understand it was not intended. I work everyday for my voters of Ward 8, I am always out there checking roads and neighborhoods for any problems or road conditions.

Pineconia Grange # 322 is starting a Farmer's Market this summer. New member Jim Cusano is organizing this effort. It will be held at the Stove Barn, located on Loudon Road next to Old Loudon Road. There will be no charge to set up this year. Anyone wishing more information is asked to call Jim Cusano at 568-8474 or Dick Patten at 496-2917.

Deepest sympathies are extended to Larry Ashford and family in their recent loss of his brother.

The Fourth of July Celebration in Concord is still in need of donations for the fireworks and band concert to be held at Memorial Field. Nevers Band will begin their annual concert at 7:45 p.m. There will be concessions offering food and items for sale.

The planning has begun for the 59th annual Concord Christmas Parade. This year's event will be held Saturday, November 20 at 9:30 a.m. on the Concord Heights. The theme for this year is "Our Holiday Wish" with floats, bands, decorated vehicles, emergency response vehicles, and more needed for the parade. Please call Dick Patten at 496-2917 for information.

The planning for the 24th annual Concord Christmas Tree Lighting has begun. The event will be held at the State House Plaza and will feature a variety of activities. The event will be held Friday, November 26 at 4 p.m. and will feature music, petting zoo, and horse wagon rides and more. Please call Dick Patten at 4962917 for information. Money is needed to help pay for the fireworks and other events.

No comments: