Thursday, May 6, 2010

Public hearing about downtown parking slated for Monday

Around Town with Dick Patten
I was reminded that the City Council will be having a public hearing about the price increase for parking in downtown Concord Monday night. This is a good time to come and voice your opinion. I know myself, that I am concerned about events in the evening, if people have to keep putting money in the meters. Not only am I thinking about the Christmas Tree Lighting, what about Nevers Band concerts, Thursday night concerts in Eagle Square, downtown Concord's special nights, and so much more.
Think twice, there are pros and cons and we need to think about it.

This is National Building Safety Month in May according to Mike Santa, city of Concord Code Enforcement Officer. Ted Evans, Concord's Health Officer and Mike Santa were special guests recently with Dick Patten on Around Town. Dick asked the two guests about the building market in Concord and was informed that there is a small increase as compared to previous years. They will host a Building Safety presentation, open to the public on Tuesday, May 25 at 4 p.m. at City Council Chambers. There could be so new changes coming for newly constructed homes, such as requiring sprinkler systems in homes.

I am in need of donations to help with the remainder of the banners on Loudon Road. Pineconia Grange is coordinating the banner project. I have been seeking donations to help purchase a few more. Walgreen's Pharmacy on Loudon Road made a generous donation to purchase two banners. I thought another business was going to donate two more, but so far no donation. Please contact me at 496-2917 if you would like to help.

No comments: