Monday, January 18, 2010

Dog Park needs sprucing up

Around Town with Dick Patten
The Concord Dog Park, located at the intersection of Old Turnpike Road and Manchester Street, is in need of tender loving care/repair. Anita Hickey, whose husband John the park is named in honor, has become a very popular place for dogs to come and run free. I spoke to Anita and she informed me that people with their pets use the park from Hooksett, Pembroke, Manchester and other towns outside of Concord. Volunteers are needed to help spruce the park up this spring. There are some other items to be addressed by the group. This is located in Ward 8 and I am hoping we can come together and make this a successful venture. Please call me at 496-2917 or Anita Hickey at 225-9538 for information.

I realize snow is on the ground, but now is the time to plan for spring. I am in need of volunteers to help with the adopt a spot cleanup. The area at Airport Road and Loudon Road (two small areas) that need some TLC. Pineconia Grange along with Cub Scout Pack 90 and Boy Scout Troop 90 helped last summer. But we are hoping to do this again, but more hands will help.

I have been asked about the banners on Loudon Road. They are hoping we can do more for the summer season. Last year, Pineconia Grange purprosed six banners. I would like to purchase another four to six for the summer season. These can be of different designs. The banners cost
$ 75 each plus shipping. Please call me if you are interested at 496-2917. I need businesses to support this as well.

No comments: