Friday, June 12, 2009

A new hire at Gibson's

From the inbox:

We have a lot of great news--new staff, new events, and new book recommendations.
Gibson's has hired Deb Baker to be our new events coordinator. Many of you will remember Deb as the chair of Concord Reads last year. She's a book lover, and she wants to showcase all that an independent bookstore can do to benefit the community. She's also a talented writer: you can read her blog here. Please join me in welcoming Deb on board.
One of the first things that Deb is going to do is to revive our preschool storytimes. Starting on June 30, Gibson's will have free storytimes every Tuesday at 10 AM, with stories and all kinds of fun things to do. Bring the kids, bring the grandkids, tell your neighbors!
You'll notice that our events schedule is getting crowded, and I'll be adding new events almost daily. Bookmark our events page. Soon there will be a lot of interesting things to do in downtown Concord.
I'll be going back on The Exchange with Laura Knoy--along with my friend Dan Chartrand, from the Water Street Bookstore in Exeter-- on Friday, June 26. We'll be talking about great books for summer reading. Right now I'm reading the sequel to The Hunger Games--Catching Fire--which will not be out until September. As soon as I'm done with that, I promise I'll focus on books that you can take to the beach!
Michael Herrmann

No comments: