Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lemieux's out

Ward 4 City Councilor Dick Lemieux has decided not to seek re-election, according to an email he sent to the city clerk and his colleagues.
"Being a city councilor has been a rewarding and enriching experience," he wrote. "I have enjoyed my relationship with all of you and the City staff. I thank the voters of Ward 4 for twice giving me the opportunity to represent them."
No word yet on who will run for the seat. The filing period starts on Friday.
There has been some speculation that Concord Taxpayer Association member Jim Baer is considering a run in Ward 4. In 2007, Trish Dionne, who originally signed up to run at-large, reversed course and ran an unsuccessful last minute write-in campaign against Lemieux. No word on whether or not she will consider running again this year.
I'll soon have an extensive update about which incumbents are running for reelection in November.

No comments: