Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gas up to $3.49 downtown ...

... but we should consider ourselves lucky: At a Shell station in Lexington, Mass., this morning, it is up to $3.74 per gallon for regular unleaded. It will probably hit $4 in Massachusetts before Memorial Day at this rate.
With oil companies posting record profits, can we have some price controls now? I mean, we are at war. We can spy on innocent Americans but we can't have any price controls? This is an emergency already. Why can't we demand some price controls?
Really, I'm serious. It's costing me $15-plus a day to get to work at this point. Free market be damned, I'm losing my retirement savings. All my phony-baloney stimulus package money will go directly to Hess and Irving in 2008. Please. Help ... Somebody ... Anybody ...

No comments: